Strawberry Lemon Smash Mocktail Recipe
Quench your thirst with our strawberry lemon smash mocktail recipe. Sip your way to a refreshing oasis with this vibrant and visually stunning drink.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes + Chilling
• 1-1/2 cups chopped strawberries
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 4 basil leaves
• 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
• Orange bitters (optional)
• Ice cubes or crushed ice
• Lemon or plain tonic water
• 4 basil sprigs, for garnish
• 4 lemon slices, for garnish
• Whole or sliced strawberries, for garnish
1. Heat chopped strawberries, water, sugar, honey, and basil leaves in a saucepan over high to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer strawberry syrup until sugar dissolves and strawberries break down, 10 minutes. Crush strawberries with a potato masher and cool to room temperature; discard basil leaves. Transfer strawberry syrup into a large measuring cup and chill until ready to serve.
2. Stir lemon juice into strawberry syrup. Add 1 to 2 dashes of orange bitters into four glasses. Divide strawberry syrup among glasses; stir to blend. Fill glasses with ice and top glasses off with tonic water. Stir to blend. Garnish drinks with basil sprigs, lemon slices, and strawberries, and serve immediately.
NOTE: if you prefer to not have pieces of strawberries in your drink, strain the syrup after it’s cooled to room temperature.