Orange Maple French Toast Casserole Recipe
Try the delicious fusion of citrusy sweetness in our Orange Maple French Toast Casserole Recipe. This crowd-pleasing treat that will have everyone coming back for more.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes (plus chilling time)
• 1 loaf thick-cut white bread
• 6 large eggs
• 1 1/4 cups whole milk
• Basket & Bushel Heirloom Navel Oranges, juiced, plus 2 peeled, halved and thinly sliced
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
• 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
• Powdered sugar, for serving
1. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each bread slice in half diagonally. Overlap bread slices, crust-side-up, in prepared baking dish.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon and syrup in medium bowl. Pour custard mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is lightly golden-brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
4. Top with orange slices, pistachios and powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy.