Creamy Tuscan Potato Soup Recipe
Experience the taste of Tuscany with our creamy tuscan potato soup recipe. This rich and hearty soup is perfect for a chilly evening or a comforting lunch.
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
• 1 pound Italian-style turkey sausage
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 bag (1.5 pound) petite yellow potatoes, sliced in half
• 6 cups chicken stock
• 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
• Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. In a large pot set over medium heat, brown sausage in 1 Tbsp olive oil. Transfer cooked sausage to a plate and set aside.
2. Add remaining olive oil to pot and sauté onion, garlic and red pepper flakes until onions begin to soften, about 8 minutes. Add potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
3. Stir in kale, heavy cream and cooked sausage. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, or until kale has wilted.
4. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.