Caty’s Heavy Hitter Hummus Recipe
Dive into a world of flavors with Caty McNally's delectable hummus recipe. This versatile recipe is perfect as a snack, spread, or accompaniment to your favorite dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
• 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1-1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
• 1 can chickpeas (15.5 oz), reserve 2 Tbsp. chickpea liquid (aquafaba) then drain and rinse chickpeas
• 1/3 cup well-stirred tahini
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for garnish
• 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, plus more for garnish
• 3 ice cubes
• Salt to taste
• Chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish Lemon zest, for garnish
• Pita crackers and vegetables for serving
1. Combine lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Place chickpeas in a food processor; pulse until minced.
3. Add tahini, lemon-garlic mixture, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. reserved aquafaba, ice cubes, and ½ tsp. cumin into the food processor. Puree hummus, scraping sides of bowl as needed, until very smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes. If hummus is too thick, add an additional 1 Tbsp. aquafaba until desired consistency is reached. Season hummus with salt.
4. To serve, drizzle hummus with olive oil and top with cumin, parsley, and lemon zest. Serve hummus with pita crackers and chopped vegetables.